Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Point

As if you needed to read someone else's opinion about all the music and films that you hold dear. Well, you came to this page so obviously you do.

I like to think of myself as someone who knows what they're talking about when it comes to music and movies. I was a film major in college and currently work in the film business. I have been playing music since the second grade (piano, guitar since eighth). I listen to a wide variety of music, spanning many genres, time periods, countries and styles. I enjoy all types of movies and am always interested in seeing a new director. I'm not a snob (I don't think) but I know what I like.

The point of this blog will be to write reviews of albums and movies that I listen to and watch. In theory, the reviews will be written shortly after the experience so that I can write clearly about it. We'll see if that works out. I've wanted to do something like this for a while because lately I find myself writing restaurant reviews and really enjoying the review writing process.

Anyway, just to give you some idea of what to expect, here are my favorite current favorite movies and bands.

Movies: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Star Wars (original trilogy, I can't decide which one I like more), Fantastic Planet.

Music: Radiohead (OK Computer), The Beatles (The White Album), Jimi Hendrix (Electric Ladyland), The Grateful Dead (American Beauty), Ben Folds [Five] (Whatever and Ever Amen).

Thanks and enjoy and please leave comments if you'd like.

No comments: